Applications for Mentors is OPEN !
1. Sign into the Intranet (with UTORid or UTSCid)
2. Click on ‘Student Life’ tab.
3. If you have never signed up for the Student Life Portal before, then you will need to complete your profile. To be a mentor, make sure you also click on ‘Volunteering’ and check off the position(s) you are interested in (eg. FEP Mentor, Peer Academic Coach).
4. If you have already signed up for the Student Life Portal in the past, you just need to click on ‘Edit Profile’. You can then choose a position under ‘Volunteering’, and/or update any of your contact info if it has changed.
Want to learn more about mentorship? Come out to our office in the Student Centre, SL 151.
- If you have created a profile on the Student Life Portal, continue reading. If not, please refer to the instructions listed above. Your profile is the gateway to volunteering, job opportunities and campus life involvement with the Department of Student Life.
- There will be MANDATORY Information Sessions & Carousel Interviews for all interested applicants. The dates and links to sign up are listed below:
- Please make note that MANDATORY mentor training August 22 2014. If you are unable to attend the training opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Your mentee matches will arrive at the end of August/early September from the First Year Programs Office.
- At training, you will receive a mentor guide to facilitate the new mentoring relationship you will have with the first year students. Please review this guide thoroughly as it will answer many of the questions you have about initially meeting your mentee.
- A handbook detailing the policies of the mentorship program can be found here. Please read prior to meeting with your mentee clusters.
- Lead mentors are available to assist and support you with any issues you may have. During the Fall/Winter terms, they will have office hours in SL 151 from Monday to Friday, 9AM – 5 PM.