Applications for Mentors is OPEN! Visit http://utsc-studentlife.ca/mentorship for more information on opportunities available in the Department of Student Life.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE INTRANET SIGN UP
1. Sign into the Intranet (with UTORid or UTSCid)
2. Click on ‘Student Life’ tab.
If you have never been a mentor or have not visited the Student Life Portal in the past:
Please complete your profile. To be a mentor, make sure you also click on ‘Volunteering’ and check off the position(s) you are interested in (e.g. First Year Experience Program – Mentor).
You were a mentor this year:
Enter the ‘Student Life Portal’. Click on ‘Edit Profile’. You can then choose a position under ‘Volunteering’, and/or update any of your contact information if it has changed.
Want to learn more about mentorship? Come out to our office in the Student Centre, SL 151 or visit http://utsc-studentlife.ca/mentorship
- If you have created a profile on the Student Life Portal, continue reading.
- Please visit http://utsc-studentlife.ca/mentorship for other opportunities to get involved at UTSC.
- A group interview is required for all positions. See below for dates and times for the Summer 2015 semester.
Tuesday July 21
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM | http://uoft.me/7P
Thursday July 23
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM | http://uoft.me/7Q
Dates for 2015-16:
- Please make note that MANDATORY mentor training the last week of August 2015. If you are unable to attend the training opportunity, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Your mentee matches will arrive at the end of August/early September from the First Year Programs Office.
- At training, you will receive a mentor guide to facilitate the new mentoring relationship you will have with the first year students. Please review this guide thoroughly as it will answer many of the questions you have about initially meeting your mentee.
- A handbook detailing the policies of the mentorship program can be found here. Please read prior to meeting with your mentee clusters.
- Lead mentors are available to assist and support you with any issues you may have. During the Fall/Winter terms, they will have office hours in SL 151 from Monday to Friday, 9AM – 5 PM.